Mass gain diet is simply a matter of eating more calories than what your body could burn. This is because you can never gain muscle if you do not eat a lot. So check out the example of a meal plan to help you gain muscle mass.
Carbohydrates are responsible for providing your body with more energy than fats or proteins. It is important for weight gainers to include simple carbohydrates in their meals. Some examples of carbohydrate enriched foods are cereals, green leafy veggies, beans, bread, oatmeal, rice, pasta and potatoes.
If you want to gain weight while working hard to increase your muscle mass, you must be able to consume some fats as well. Although you have to make sure that you eat only foods that are filled with unsaturated fatty acids, so that no cholesterol will build-up on your body. Foods that are filled with healthy fats are flaxseed, cod liver oil, olives, avocados, olive oil, sunflower and walnuts.
Foods that are rich in proteins must also be included in your mass gain diet, so as to achieve a healthy development of your body. Make sure to also consume dairy products rich in protein so as to gain weight and build muscles at the same time. Protein rich foods are chicken breasts, egg whites, eggs, fish, such as tuna and salmon, lean beef, protein bar, soy protein, turkey breasts and whey protein.
To give you an idea of how to come up with a meal plan for gaining weight and building muscles, check out the following example:
1st meal – to be eaten at 7AM
– Protein supplement of your choice and 1 tsp flaxseed oil – Consuming this food enables you to earn about 432 calories, 42 grams of protein, as well as 25 grams of carbohydrates and 14 grams of fats.
Second meal at 10AM
– 6 ounce chicken breast paired with one-half cup of rice – Eating this meal will enable you to consume 319 calories, 50 grams of protein as well as 23 grams of carbohydrates and 7 grams fats.
Third meal at 1PM
– 4 whole eggs on a flour tortilla – allows you to gain 367 calories, 24 grams of protein, 17 grams of carbs and 20 grams of fat.
4th meal – to be eaten at 4PM
– 6 ounce grilled tuna paired with a large piece of baked potato and a cup of veggies – this will allow you to gain 450 calories, 48 grams of protein, as well as 56 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fats.
Fifth meal at 7PM
– four pieces whole eggs paired with a cup of hash browns – this will allow you to gain 440 calories, 28 grams of protein, as well as 36 grams of carbohydrates and 20 grams of fats.
Now that you have an idea of how a mass gain diet plan should look like, it’s time that you come up with your own. Follow the menu that’s being discussed above and include it with your daily meals and you’ll surely be able to see improvements in your muscles soon. Most of all, do not forget to get a good amount of sleep and exercise in order to successfully gain weight and expand those muscles.