The majority of lifters are doing their training in the afternoon, after they’ve finished work for the day and this can be a big problem for some, especially when they have a leg training session that day. Additionally, the gym can get crowded on that particular day, they could be tired and not motivated to train which will just make them skip the workout altogether and go home.
A lot of people postpone their leg training session, especially if it needs to be done on a Friday night after work, but they keep telling themselves they can always do in on the weekend. With the workout we present you, you won’t have to do this anymore. It’s a fun and effective workout and you can easily incorporate it into your training routine.
If you go to the gym regularly, you can do the workout there, but if you own some dumbbells you can do this workout at home too. You don’t need to have any fancy machines to do this workout. The workout consists of bodyweight exercisesmostly, so dumbbells would be a plus. Before starting it, make sure you warm yourself up with a couple of light exercises. After you finished warming up, you can get right into it:
1. Begin with a superset of several squat variations:
- The first exercise is a basic squat. Do 20 reps and if you have dumbbells feel free to use them as well.
- After finishing the squats, without a pause proceed with jump squats. Do 12 reps.
- After completing the jump squats, proceed with sumo squats. Do 15 reps.
- Afterward, without resting proceed with goblet squats. Do 20 reps.
- Repeat the circuit three times, resting 40-60 seconds between each cycle.