Everybody wants to know the secrets of how to get flat abs. But not many are willing to do the work involved. So if you thought that getting six pack abs was only about taking a magic pill that will guarantee you results then keep looking. For those who are serious read this article to learn how to do it through diet and exercise.
1) Eat clean foods. Starting with diet is always the smart way to go. Your body will need fuel for your workouts. So start eating healthy natural foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, and nuts. These are the kinds of foods that will teach your body to burn fat and build abs fast.
2) Get more protein. For building muscle protein is needed. Don’t stress over getting a gram of protein per pound of body weight. Just getting about 80% of that is perfectly fine.
3) Limit your starchy carbs. Breads, pasta, rice, and even oats all fall under this category. They are loaded with calories and complex carbs that will turn into fat if not burnt off.
The best times to have them are for breakfast because it is early in the day and after a workout because your muscles need to recovery properly.
4) Get fruits or veggies with each meal. For maximum fat loss around your midsection get your carbs from fruits and veggies since they are low in calories. Vegetables are known to have “negative calories”.
5) Drink water after each meal. Eight glasses of water each day is fine. But if you want to really help wash away your gut try drinking twelve cups to a gallon a day. If you eat 6 meals a day then get two cups with each meal.