Building muscle is a difficult task as it is. It is much harder if you don’t eat right. In addition to working out the right way, you also have to eat foods that will help you gain muscle mass effectively. Would you like to find out what sort of foods work best for you?
The Top 10 Foods
1) Red meat- We know what you have heard. Red meat is a source of cholesterol and fat. Yes, that is true. But, when you get lean red meat it is a great source of protein. In addition, it has iron, zinc and vitamins that can aid muscle growth.
2) Milk- Milk is a good source of calcium, minerals, vitamins and proteins (casein).
3) Eggs- Egg whites are a great source of protein. In the past, bodybuilders would eat raw eggs as a source of protein. Even in the movie Rocky, you see Sylvester Stallone playing the character of Rocky Balboa chugging a shake comprising of several eggs.
But, these days bodybuilders use eggwhites and skip the yolks to benefit from the egg protein while avoiding the unnecessary cholesterol. Use egg whites and you should be fine.
4) Cottage cheese- This breaks down very slowly during digestion making it a popular component of a body-builder’s diet. Use the low-fat variety to avoid the fat calories of whole milk products.
5) Oatmeal- This is an excellent whole grain product which is a great source of carbohydrates. These complex carbohydrates in addition to the fiber will help you maintain high levels of energy while promoting muscle growth.