1B Triceps extension
Sets 4 Reps 10 each side Rest 60sec Tempo 2010
- Stand tall, holding a dumbbell over your head with one hand and arm straight.
- Keeping your chest up, lower the weight behind your head, then raise it back to the start.
- Do all the reps with one arm and then switch and repeat.
Why: Working one arm at a time allows you to focus on making your triceps work hard to keep the dumbbell under complete control throughout the lift and lower, while your core must be engaged to keep your torso upright.
2A Hammer curl
Sets 4 Reps 10 Rest 0sec Tempo 2010
- Stand with dumbbells by your sides and palms facing each other.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in to your sides, curl the weights up, squeezing your biceps at the top.
- Lower them back to the start.
Why: Adjusting your wrist position so that your palms face each other for the entirety of the set shifts the workload to a different part of your biceps muscles, as well as recruiting your forearms.